Killer K / 소녀K [2011]

Posted by :: sixtwentyseven :: | Posted in , | Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012


Recently I was chatting with my friend regarding J-dramas and K-dramas and we talked about the dramas he has yet to watch / catch up. I was telling him about my backlog and he basically rolled his eyes and told me to get on with it.

Well, I had to start somewhere and so I've decided to watch the shortest drama in my backlog list. Killer K is a 3 part series by CGV and it stars rookie actress Han Groo as the main lead Cha Yeonjin. Killer K talks about a girl where one incident one night changed her life from being an high school girl to become an assassin bent on avenging her mother's death after personally witnessing her death. However, the agency that she works for more than meets the eye and eventually she will be the one who will stop all this.

Firstly, I'll need to give a special praise for the production team for creating a high production 3 parter series where the action for each episode is evenly spread out. Of course, for a 3 part drama series there're bound to have certain areas that they have to rush through but I'm not complaining about it as the fighting and gun scenes more than make up for it.

I'm also surprised with some content within the drama where as a drama serial and Korean TV in general that they actually allow full topless scenes and simulated sex scenes in the drama. Given that this is a midnight drama, but given the knowledge I have regarding Korean content on TV, this is really surprising. Not only that, the blood squirting from wounds really reminds me of the movie Ahjussi, but of course on a tamer nature. Nonetheless, these details actually helps to increase the realism of the drama.

A special mention has to be given to Han Groo who's more well known to be a singer than an actress. My first contact with Han Groo was in music shows, where she is debuting as a rookie singer. But after finishing this drama, I can safely say she can find her path in acting as well as her performing as the main lead is thoroughly convincing. She can also branch out to be an action star as her fighting skills within the drama is convincing and there are not that many female action stars within the Korean industry.

In summary, this drama is really kickass and worth a watch. Do catch it while you can! And now to my other dramas......