Secret Garden 시크릿 가든 [2010]

Posted by :: sixtwentyseven :: | Posted in , | Posted on Monday, December 27, 2010


Having been swept away recently by the k-pop wave, I've also started to take note of Korean dramas now. I got to admit that prior to this, the only drama I've completed are Goong, Full House(with my friend scrolling throughout the whole drama) and Autumn in my Heart (DO NOT ask me why I like this tearjerker show). I've also recently completed Personal Taste and My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, but that was when I am already in this K-pop wave. Now, while trying to finish the jap dramas that I have yet to watch, I'm instantly hooked on Secret Garden, which is still airing in Korea at the moment.

Secret Garden tells the story of Kim Joo Won (Hyun Bin), a seemingly perfect man yet with certain arrogance and childishness in him, and Gil Ra Im (Ha Ji Won), a stuntwoman whose beauty and body are the object of envy of top actresses. One day they went deep into the mountains and entered a strange house. A strange grandmother offered them chocolate to eat. The next day they found themselves changing bodies.

What attracted me to this drama is not the cast initially. I didn't even know that Ha Ji Won is the female lead in Sex is Zero. As for Hyun Bin, let's just say I'm still new to the Korean wave. So instead of the actors, it was the initial reviews that got me attracted to the show.

Although it is a bit early that I reviewed the drama since I have only watched like 5 to 6 episodes, I'm actually enjoying each episode and the standard of entertainment is consistent through the drama so far. The progression of the plot is not as slow as what korean dramas are usually like and there's always something new in each episode. Do catch it if you can.

Oh, the soundtrack is pretty good too :)