Hormones or ปิดเทอมใหญ่ หัวใจว้าวุ่น (Pit Thoem Yai Hua Chai Wawun) [2008]

Posted by :: sixtwentyseven :: | Posted in , | Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010


I must admit,

Even though Thailand is in close proximity to my home country, I seldom had the chance to watch thai movies. Firstly, I do not exactly like to watch horror films which most movies imported from Thailand are of that genre. Secondly, I believe film distributors here have a problem with the language as well as the fact that most thai artists are not well known in here. Hence I was pleasantly surprised that this movie went straight to DVD in my country and caught my eye.

The film revolves around a group of high school and university students during their school break, and the relationships that develop (or don't). Four threads are followed: Poo (Charlie Trairat) and Mai (Sirachuch Chienthaworn) are in competition for Nana (Ungsumalynn Sirapatsakmetha), class geek Jo (Ratchu Surachalas) is in love with a popular girl Cee (Chutima Teepanat) while Oh Lek (Focus Jirakul) is wild about a Taiwanese singer Titi (Lu Ting Wei), and Hern (Chantawit Thanasewee) is thinking of cheating on his girlfriend Nuan (Thaniya Ummaritchoti) when he meets Japanese tourist Aoi (Sora Aoi). [credits: wikipedia]

I got to say that the Thais have a way with their movies. Even though there is nothing new with the plot or the storyline, I still find it refreshingly interesting to watch the whole show. Also, this show has an excellent soundtrack to go with the show and I believed it helped to keep my attention span on the show. In fact, I got to say I like it quite a bit.

What I'm more amazed are the acting abilities of the actors and actress in here. Half of the cast are believed to be at around middle school age but their acting abilities belies their age. In fact, I thought they have outshone the older cast members in the show.

Overall, a very nice, light-hearted romantic comedy inspired by "Love Actually". When you watch the show, you'll get what I mean *wink*